[صفحه اصلی ]   [Archive]  
:: صفحه اصلي :: درباره نشريه :: آخرين شماره :: تمام شماره‌ها :: جستجو :: ثبت نام :: ارسال مقاله :: تماس با ما ::
:: دوره 5، شماره 2 - ( 1-1395 ) ::
جلد 5 شماره 2 صفحات 133-138 برگشت به فهرست نسخه ها
Comparison of Aesthetic and Functional Outcomes of Spreader Graft and Autospreader Flap in Rhinoplasty
چکیده:   (2422 مشاهده)

BACKGROUND

Although the assignment and suturing of the spreader graft to the septum is a routine part of rhinoplasty, it is a time wasting procedure and some problems may occur. Rather, autospreader flap is a new method that the dorsal part of the upper lateral cartilage is used as its own graft. In the present study, we intended to compare the functional and aesthetic outcomes of these two techniques of rhinoplasty.

METHODS

In a clinical trial, patients who referred to 15 Khordad Hospital for elective rhinoplasty during 2013-2014 were enrolled. The functional and aesthetic outcomes were compared between the two techniques of spreader and autospreader graft using rhinomanometry and satisfaction questionnaire in two stages before and one months after the surgery.

RESULTS

Total nasal airway resistance increased significantly by both spreader and autospreader, but the difference between the two methods was not statistically significant. The total nasal flow before and after the surgery significantly decreased using both techniques, but this reduction was not significant between the two methods of surgery. When questioned about the satisfaction with the surgery outcomes, 18 subjects (36%) had complete aesthetic satisfaction, 25 (50%) were partial satisfied and 7 subjects (14%) were unsatisfied from aesthetic results.  The rate of patient’s satisfaction in both groups was higher for functional outcome. Overall, 32 (64%) subjects were completely satisfied, 13 (26%) were partially satisfied and 5 (10%) subjects did not report satisfaction. Loss of respiratory function in both groups was inevitable due to short time post-operative period.

CONCLUSION

Both spreader graft and autospreader graft techniques can be used in the preservation and restoration of the normal internal nasal valve angle, as well as restoration of dorsal aesthetic lines of the nasal dorsum. 

متن کامل [PDF 281 kb]   (1298 دریافت)    
نوع مطالعه: مقالات اصيل | موضوع مقاله: تخصصي
دریافت: 1394/11/24 | پذیرش: 1394/11/24 | انتشار: 1394/11/24
ارسال نظر درباره این مقاله
نام کاربری یا پست الکترونیک شما:

CAPTCHA code


XML   English Abstract   Print


Download citation:
BibTeX | RIS | EndNote | Medlars | ProCite | Reference Manager | RefWorks
Send citation to:

Hassanpour S E, Heidari A, Moosavizadeh S M, Tarahomi M R, Goljanian A, Tavakoli S. Comparison of Aesthetic and Functional Outcomes of Spreader Graft and Autospreader Flap in Rhinoplasty. wjps. 2016; 5 (2) :133-138
URL: http://wjps.ir/article-1-231-fa.html

Comparison of Aesthetic and Functional Outcomes of Spreader Graft and Autospreader Flap in Rhinoplasty. مجله جهانی جراحی پلاستیک. 1395; 5 (2) :133-138

URL: http://wjps.ir/article-1-231-fa.html



دوره 5، شماره 2 - ( 1-1395 ) برگشت به فهرست نسخه ها
مجله جهانی جراحی پلاستیک World Journal of Plastic Surgery
Persian site map - English site map - Created in 0.05 seconds with 31 queries by YEKTAWEB 3781